Thank you for your interest in submitting art samples to Coffin Comics! We’re always looking for new, up and coming artists and if your stuff is killer, we may consider hiring you! But before submitting samples to us, please note the following:
We are currently accepting submissions for:
- Sequential artists
- Cover artists
We apologize, but we’re not looking for:
- Outside produced IP or projects
These types of submissions will be discarded.
Before you Submit
Due to capacity, we cannot individually respond to all submissions.
Being a successful artist in the comic book industry requires a considerable amount of skill, practice and patience. While we gladly welcome your creative submission, we review a high volume of submissions every week. If we are interested in working with you, we will contact you within 30 days of receiving your submission. If you don’t receive a response from us within 30 days, please consider your submission a pass.
Although we do accept physically mailed creative submissions, please understand that we cannot return them to you after review. For this reason, we prefer that you email us scanned copies of your artwork instead (see the next heading below for details). If you choose to physically mail us your artwork submission, please do not send originals and use easily readable photocopies instead.
Carefully pack your artwork in an appropriate container. We strongly recommend using sturdy 3″ diameter mailing tubes, which are available at most post offices and mailing supply stores.
Be sure to include your name, phone number and email address so that we have a way to contact you when you mail in your submission(s).
Your creative submission(s) should be mailed to us at the following address:
Coffin Comics, LLC
ATTN: Creative Submission
630 E. University Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85203
Submitting Samples Electronically (preferred method)
To submit your creative samples to us electronically, please observe the following steps:
- PENCILED OR FULL-COLOR ARTWORK: Scan your artwork at 300 dpi resolution and at least 8-bit RGB color. If you are submitting just pencils (no color), grayscale is fine. Save the file as either JPEG or PNG. Individual images should not exceed 10MB in size. Due to file size, TIFF and PSD (Photoshop) files are not accepted.
- COMPUTER-GENERATED ARTWORK: Save a copy of your artwork at 300 dpi resolution and at least 8-bit RGB color as a JPEG or PNG file. If you are submitting just pencils (no color), grayscale is fine. Individual images should not exceed 10MB in size. Due to file size, TIFF and PSD (Photoshop) files are not accepted.
- TO SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK: Email your submission(s) to using “Creative Submission” as the subject line.
- If you have any questions regarding creative submissions that aren’t answered here, please feel free to contact us.