Survey time for Sacrificial Annihilation is here! Please note that we’re now back to using BackerKit to conduct backer surveys because CrowdOx is being phased out soon.
Just as a reminder, we cannot fulfill your rewards without a completed backer survey!
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
On Monday, September 27, we sent out the first batch of backer surveys to 5% of the campaign’s backers in what BackerKit calls a “Smoke Test”. This Smoke Test is used for us project creators to correct any technical issues that may arise during the first day of backer surveys.
On Tuesday, September 28, we sent out surveys to the remaining 95% of the campaign’s backers.
In order to keep an efficient production schedule, we locked down all completed backer survey responses on Friday, October 8 at 5:00PM PDT/MST (8:00PM EDT). We also be billed backers’ cards for any balances due, any add-ons purchased within BackerKit, and “Pop-Up Crypt” (late backer) orders on this same date and time. If you paid for a balance due, add-on or Pop-Up Crypt order using PayPal, please note that you were billed at the time of the transaction.
- We will be locking down shipping addresses on all completed surveys on Monday, November 1 at 5:00PM MST/PDT (8:00PM EDT). After this date and time, backers will no longer be able to update their shipping addresses. If your shipping address changed recently, we strongly suggest that you revisit your backer survey to update your address beforehand.
Rewards fulfillment (both physical and digital items) is scheduled for December 2021.
SOME HELPFUL TIPS
It is a good idea to make sure that you have whitelisted the domain “backerkit.com” in your email provider’s settings to avoid potential email delivery problems. Some email providers have aggressive filtering that may mark BackerKit’s emails as spam.
If you’re a Gmail user using Gmail’s webmail interface (in a browser) or the Gmail app, please note that emails from BackerKit are often placed inside of the “Promotions” folder in your inbox.
If your pledge was dropped by Kickstarter for nonpayment, worry not! You were still sent a backer survey and you’ll be able to settle your balance due in BackerKit during the last step of your survey.
BACKER SURVEY GUIDE
Here, we’ll guide you through what to expect during your Sacrificial Annihilation backer survey. A lot of the questions we’re commonly asked are addressed here, so please be sure to give it a read, especially if you’re new to using BackerKit.
STEP #1: SURVEY QUESTIONS
(ONLY BACKERS OF PHYSICAL ITEMS WILL SEE THESE PAGES)
1. You will first see an add-ons advisory page. This explains that if you pledged for any add-ons during the Sacrificial Annihilation Kickstarter, you’ll see them listed in the “ADD-ONS” step (Step #2) of your survey and that you’ll be choosing your signing and size preferences for those add-ons (where applicable) after you finish that step.
2. Next, you’ll be asked to choose your signing and/or size preferences for any qualifying items that are part of your primary Kickstarter reward selection. A separate question will be asked for each qualifying item included with your reward selection.
Please note that some add-ons (such as Mystery Envelopes and Chase Editions) do not have options and we will not ask questions about those.
IMPORTANT: Please note that requests for CGC grading are now CLOSED and this question will no longer appear on backer surveys.
3. You will then be brought to a CGC grading advisory page. If you have qualifying books on your Kickstarter order that would like us to send in for CGC grading, please select “Yes” on this page and that will let us know to get in touch with you following survey lockdown for a quote. If you’re not interested in CGC grading, simply choose “No thanks!”
(ALL BACKERS WILL SEE THIS PAGE)
4. All backers will be asked to vote for the outcome of the upcoming Hellwitch vs. Lady Death: Wargasm story. After selecting your vote, you’ll be brought to the “ADD-ONS” step (Step #2).
NOTE: This is the only question backers of digital-only reward tiers will be asked in this “QUESTIONS” step.
STEP #2: ADD-ONS (OPTIONAL)
Here, backers will have a last-chance opportunity to purchase add-ons from our remaining Kickstarter inventory. Please note that as of Friday, October 8 at 5:00PM, add-ons for physical items are no longer available and only digital products will appear in this section. We will offer any remaining inventory on our physical campaign items at a later date at CoffinComicsShop.com.
This step is completely optional. If you’re not interested in purchasing add-ons in BackerKit, simply click the “NEXT” button on the right-hand column to skip ahead to the next step.
If you pledged for add-ons during the Kickstarter, you’ll be asked for signing and/or size preferences on qualifying items after you click the “NEXT” button in this step. Please note that some add-ons (such as Mystery Envelopes and Chase Editions) will not have options and no add-on questions will be asked for those.
A couple of important things to note here:
1. Add-ons selected in this step are separate purchases from any add-ons you may have selected during the Kickstarter. Kickstarter add-ons (if you pledged for any) will appear under “Add-ons” on the right-hand column as “(Kickstarter Add-on)” items, as shown in the figure below.
Any add-ons you select in this step in BackerKit will also appear in this section.
2. Backers of digital-only reward tiers will only see digital rewards available to purchase as add-ons. This is normal.
STEP #3: SHIPPING (BACKERS OF PHYSICALLY-SHIPPING ITEMS ONLY)
If your pledge contains physical items, BackerKit will ask you for your shipping address. Simply fill this information out and click the “NEXT” button on the right-hand column to proceed.
BackerKit will then check your shipping address against their database for accuracy and recommend a corrected address if any errors are found. Confirm the correction (if necessary) to proceed to the next step.
STEP #4: CONFIRM (THIS WILL BE STEP #3 FOR DIGITAL-ONLY BACKERS)
In this final step, you’ll confirm your order. Please scroll down this page and review the items listed under “PLEDGE ITEMS” for accuracy. If anything looks amiss on our end, please contact us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. If you selected any add-ons in BackerKit (Step #2) and/or have a balance due from a failed Kickstarter pledge payment, you will see a field to enter your payment information on the right. Please note that this will run a small authorization on your card, but we won’t actually bill your card until survey lockdown on Friday, October 8, 2021. Please plan accordingly.Once your order looks good to you and you’ve entered in your payment details (if required), click the green “Place My Order” button on the right to confirm your survey.
THANKS AGAIN, FIENDS!
We truly appreciate your support of Lady Death: Sacrificial Annihilation! This book wouldn’t have been possible without your contributions!
If you have any questions regarding backer surveys that are not covered in this article, please get in touch with us by emailing us at email@example.com.
THANKS AGAIN FOR BACKING SACRIFICIAL ANNIHILATION!
– The Coffin Comics Crew